Technology in a new world – how to bring harmony?
Poland Today is a media patron of the Masters & Robots conference, and Richard Stephens, Editor of Poland Today, is co-host of the event.
The pandemic has shaken the order of the world but also opened the door to unprecedented possibilities. During the upcoming Masters & Robots conference, many of the world’s most recognized and cutting-edge experts will talk about how to find yourself in the new order and benefit from a coherent combination of the human and the technological.
Speakers include Maye Musk, an expert in nutritional trends (and mother of Elon); Andrew McAfee, a leading expert in the field of technology change in business and the world; Peter H. Diamandis, founder of Singularity University; Aric Dromi, futurologist and digital philosopher; Susan McPherson, corporate responsibility expert; and Refik Anadol, artist, director and pioneer in the field of machine intelligence aesthetics. The following topics will be part of the discussion:
- Machines and artificial intelligence
- Mental health
- Sustainable development
- Climate change
And the following questions will be asked:
- What does empathy have to do with robots and artificial intelligence?
- What is Sustainable Leadership?
- How can technologies prevent the effects of climate change?
These and other questions will be answered during the two-day Masters & Robots conference, whose theme this year is “The New World Disorder”. The event will be held online in various ways, including roundtable discussions, VIP meetings and Q&A sessions.
Mental health is a topic that has become particularly important in the pandemic era. Societies are feeling the negative effects of long-term stress, anxiety and a shaky sense of security, while organizations are facing challenges in ensuring the well-being and resilience of employees, including psychologically. Building a new order should therefore begin by strengthening interpersonal relations. Lockdown, physical isolation and the ongoing digital transformation have also contributed to the development of MedTech solutions that fit into the landscape of the future.
The question is: how can people benefit from them today and how will they affect societies and their functioning?
The conference will also address topics such as:
- Deep fake
- Automation and the interaction between people and machines
These and a wide range of other pressing topics will allow participants to learn about current trends and challenges, and talks by prestigious figures in the world of science, business and technology will provide knowledge and substantive tips. They will help professionals to learn, understand and implement modern solutions useful in post-pandemic everyday life.
“The pandemic has changed the course of history, including business,” says Jowita Michalska, CEO of Digital University, organizer of the Masters & Robots conference. “Many organizations felt that they were thrust unexpectedly into a chaos that needed to be dealt with as quickly as possible. There is still no order in the post-covid reality: new challenges appear, and the business world must take a big step forward to keep up with, for example, the ongoing digital transformation. The Masters & Robots conference creates a unique opportunity to broaden one’s perspective and acquire valuable know-how. The topics discussed cover many current and important topics, ranging from the natural environment and climate change to automation and artificial intelligence.”
Speakers at this year’s conference include:
- Andrew McAfee – leading expert in the field of technology changes in business and around the world; New York Times bestselling author; co-founder of the MIT Initiative on the Digital Economy and Principal Research Scientist, MIT Sloan School of Management.
- Poppy Crum – expert in technology-driven innovation and human evolution. Stanford University Assistant Professor, Principal Scientist at Dolby Laboratories, Neurobiologist and Technologist.
- Aric Dromi – futurologist, digital philosopher, expert on the future of the automotive industry.
- Esra’a Al Shafei – human rights activist, founder and director of Majal.org, a network of digital platforms that amplify understated and marginalized voices.
- Peter H. Diamandis – founder of Singularity University, founder and president of XPRIZE, one of the “50 greatest leaders in the world” – according to Fortune magazine.
- Susan McPherson – corporate responsibility expert, CEO at McPherson Strategies, Business Angel (Angel Investor).
- Dariusz Jemielniak – expert in Strategic Management and HR in Technological Companies, Lecturer at Kozminski University and Harvard University, Member of the Supervisory Board of the Wikimedia and Escola S.A. Foundation, Serial Entrepreneur”.
- Maye Musk – world-renowned expert on nutritional trends, model, entrepreneur and best-selling author.
- Refik Anadol – media artist, director and pioneer in the field of intelligence aesthetics machine.
- Chuck Slaughter – founder of TravelSmith and Living Goods, managing Director at The Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation, Senior Advisor at TPG’s Rise Fund.
- Tara Swart – neurobiologist, physician, executive advisor, senior lecturer at MIT Sloan and author of the best-selling book “The Source” translated into 36 languages.
- Cristina Dolan – expert in the fields of fintech, insurtech, transport, digital transformation driven by Blockchain, AI, 5G, IoT and telematics technologies, MIT Alum, co-founder and CEO of iHuddl, founder and CEO of Inside Chains.
- Ramez Naam – co-Chair for Energy and Environment at Singularity University at NASA Ames.
Masters & Robots is one of the most important events devoted to digital transformation and trends related to new technologies in Europe. The rich programme and expertise of many invited guests are an invaluable source of know-how.
MASTERS & ROBOTS
Masters & Robots is a new category of event at the meeting points of business, science and education, focused on technology and its practical applications. It is an annual meeting with the latest solutions in the fields of technology, artificial intelligence, robotics, medicine, media, as well as business and the extraordinary people who create them.
It is also a space for the exchange of knowledge, know-how and ideas that change reality and help us better prepare for digital transformation. The four previous editions of the Conference gathered a total of over 45,000 participants (online & on location), over 200 speakers from 4 continents and focused on topics including: artificial intelligence, digital transformation, the future of medicine, agriculture, food, media, nanotechnology, robotics, Blockchain, IoT, Smart Cities, transhumanism and longevity.
Conference speakers are innovators, entrepreneurs, engineers, visionaries and scientists who work in the most dynamic technological and business centres in the world, including Silicon Valley, Israel and MIT – on a daily basis. To date, Masters & Robots speakers have included Yuval Noah Harari, Divya Chander, Natasha Vita-More, David Hanson, Mo Gawdat, Mark Post and Justin Hendrix.
Digital University – the organizer of Masters & Robots – is an organization whose goal is to educate in the field of new technologies and their impact on business and our lives. Its beneficiaries are entrepreneurs and business people professionally interested in digital transformation, as well as children and young people who are learning about the world of the latest technologies and solutions that change everyday life. Digital University supports the development of digital skills in accordance with the latest global technological trends.
Digital University also runs the Speakers Office, which cooperates with over 200 speakers in the fields of digital transformation, the future of the labour market, artificial intelligence, innovation, the future of health and medicine, transhumanism, robotics, cyber security, leadership, blockchain, fintech and much more.
As part of Executive Education Programs, Digital University educates responsible leaders in the field of digital transformation, new technologies, innovation, the future of the labour market, new corporate culture, leadership, the operation of AI and data-based organizations, digital security and many other fields.
Since 2017, Digital University is the exclusive representative of Singularity University in Poland.